Having trouble reading this message? Click Here for the online version.
Please do not report this message as spam. We take your privacy very seriously and respect your wishes not to receive unwanted messages. You are receiving this message because either you became involved with our organization or one of the members of OurMilkMoney.com referred you to us. You may manage your subscription HERE.
August 2011 Newsletter
There has never been a better time to become a self-employed parent. The trends are working in our favor! As parents and entrepreneurs, we have POWER. Work-at-home parents are the new sexy. A force to be reckoned with.
It is important that you realize what we are already accomplishing as small and home based business leaders. We are operating under a powerful set of universal principles, beginning with "FAMILY COMES FIRST AND BUSINESS COMES SECOND."
It's a credo that all of us must agree to and none of us will dispute.
These universal laws have been created by US, and must continue to be enforced by US. It is what makes it possible to live the life of our dreams, to have it all, to do it all, and to do it at a pace that works for our families. For many of us, we are willing to earn less if it means more time and more freedom. OurMilkMoney.com recognizes these ambitious parents and will continue to spotlight them each and every day.
If you know a self-employed parent, send them our way! Happy Reading!
What's a P.O.M.M.O.?
A Parent of the Our Milk Money Organization; A mom or dad who so selflessly and diligently has chosen to be self-employed as a means of supporting one's family. These parents, and the products and services that they offer can be found on the OurMilkMoney.com parent-only business directory.
Our Milk Money no longer charges you to list your business in our directory. We are grateful to icontact for covering the organization's business overhead each month to make the free membership possible for you. To learn more about icontact, please visit their site. If you would like to learn more about our decision to cancel annual membership fees, READ MORE or listen to the first 5 minutes of Ally's explanation on This Little Parent Stayed Home.
Our Milk Money is currently accepting donations as an act of good faith. If you would like to make a contribution, our suggested donation is still $25/year. DONATE NOW.
For a list of past contributors, please visit our CONTRIBUTORS PAGE.
Visit the Buy By Mom Blog!
Mention This Ad and receive $100 off when you book 5 sessions in advance
If you like us, tell iTunes! You could win a free T-shirt!
Give us a review! We are grateful for the reviews we have but could always use some more. Read what people are saying or submit your own comments!
Submit a Review Now
At Our Milk Money, we don't discriminate. Moms have great stories to share, but so do the Dads. It is definitely a sign of the times when Dads from all over the world begin to step up as primary care-takers and embrace their roles as stay-at-home parents.
Visit the Daddy's Den Now
We bought a minivan last week. Yup. I am now “that” guy. And proud of it. A few months ago I wrote a blog about turning 40. This is sort of a companion piece. I’m doing exactly what I should be doing at this age. I thought I was going to be old, fat, and miserable, but I’m actually only two of those things. The gray hairs realizing there is strength in numbers have become an organized fighting force and are now rebelling against the once proud monarchy of brown hair on my head. Luckily I’m half Italian so it looks somewhat distinguished for now. I’m actually thinner than I’ve been in years. That being said, I continue to be a fat bastard like I have been my entire life. No matter how hard I try to be depressed about being middle aged though (and I usually don’t have to try hard to get depressed), I’m really enjoying it.
So we bought a minivan. Now granted we really didn’t plan on it. I woke up last Wednesday and drove my son to summer camp in my old yet reliable car and then headed down the freeway to work. (deep breath) Then I got in an accident, totaled my car, rented another one, told my wife maybe it was time to buy a bigger family car, she was halfway to the dealer by the time I said the word “buy”, she bought a minivan, drove it off the lot, drove to get something to eat, hit a parked car and dented the front fender, drove it back to the lot, got it repaired, added a few hundred to the down payment check, picked up the car, took the rental car back and here we are. And then Thursday came around. Okay that’s a little white lie. This whole thing happened over a couple of days but it felt that fast. Then came the inevitable buyer’s remorse panic attack but other than that I feel pretty good about it. It seems like the next logical step in our lives. My wife is home with the kids all day and has been begging for a bigger car. Her 9 year old RAV4 just wasn’t cutting it. We never took the leap so I guess the Universe got tired of waiting for us and decided to intervene. That’s right, folks. The Universe caused me to rear end that car on the freeway. It’s a notoriously bad driver. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it....Continue reading →
Chris Loprete, the father of Our Milk Money, began writing his experiences as a new father upon the launch of Our Milk Money, calling his work, appropriately, The Daddy's Den.
"My Milk Money Pays for...
Time and activites with my two beautiful children."
Heidi Stewart - San Diego, CA - Insphere Insurance Solutions
Here you will find Resource Articles, Membership Contributions, Community Posts and our latest Business in a Box Campaign! Don't forget to leave us a comment and let us know what you think!
Subscribe to the NEW RSS FEED NOW!
How to Flex Your Hustle Muscle
As parents and entrepreneurs we are dedicated to our family first and our business second. Once we have set aside time that belongs to our business, we often spend a great deal of time demystifying marketing and sales. No matter how often we hear speakers and advertisers tell us that there is a “secret to success” no such secret actually exists, at least none that can be taught once you hand over your credit card. So I will tell it to you for free. The secret to success is
We know that this is true because we see successful people all around us, doing exactly what we are capable of doing ourselves. If you look closely you will see that success leaves a trail that can be followed by anyone. Therefore, there isn’t just one little secret that will turn your business into an overnight success.
If only good intentions were enough to bring us more sales, more income and more
opportunities, we’d all be rolling in it. ACTION is the only way to produce results. No matter what you are facing right now, I urge you to ask yourself... Continue reading →
Self -employed Parent Enthusiast Ally Loprete is on a mission to help other’s deal with the sometimes overwhelming prospect of leaving a full time job to start a new business, while running a full time household and raising kids. She is resolute about creating a haven in which parents across the nation will continue to thrive and obtain the support they need in their personal journeys.
Ally's blogging continues at ThisLittleParent.com
Top Internet Business Ideas
The Internet offers many business opportunities. You can become a part of someone else’s enterprise or create a business of your own. There are many advantages to starting an Internet business. Here are the top Internet business ideas to help you find that appropriate niche you are looking for.
Every day people search the Internet for all sorts of opportunities. With this economy, the number one search is for ways to make money with low startup costs. Many of the basic equipment needed to begin Internet businesses are in your home right now. If you have a computer with a high-speed Internet connection, a telephone, a desk, and a printer, you can get going right away.
1. Blogging. This is the way to create an online presence without the technical issues of owning your own website (that comes later). Most blogs are offered with free hosting and come with already installed features so set up is easy. Blog about anything that you find interesting and will be interesting to other readers. A blog with a niche will perform better a personal one. Blogs can also make money with programs like Google Adwords and AdSense. Pay per Click advertising also works for generating revenue.
2. Internet research. Anyone who can navigate the Internet and find out almost anything, can market themselves as an Internet researcher. Large and small companies will pay you to find out information for them, create reports from the research.
3. Selling products. If you have a hobby like
...Continue reading →
As many of you know from reading Julianne's articles for the past year, her passion, purpose and goal is to help parents be their own boss so they can be home with their children. To that end she is working on featuring five parents per week in her column and one parent and their business per week on her blog.
DO YOU WANT TO WRITE FOR OUR MILK MONEY?
If you are interested in becoming a guest blogger on The Our Milk Money Blog Spot, or contributing your own blogs for a collaborative stream, please contact us
We have a huge subscriber base!
Take advantage of it by advertising in the OMM Newsletter!
If anyone is going to convince the public to buy from parents like you, its us! Let's give our supporters a wide variety of products and services to purchase this year. To place an ad, or learn more about pricing, please contact Julianne Wish.
"My Milk Money Pays for...
...me to be home at 3pm to meet my 11 year old daughter after school."
Julie Varland - Phoenix, AZ - Mobile Spa Girl
Meet Natalie, Christine and Vicki!
Natalie, Christine and Vicki are three mommies who met while their children attended a local preschool and elementary school. They shared the common goal of trying to find the best deals possible for the items their children need while suffering from houses cluttered full of items that the children no longer used.
1. Please tell us about your business and the service that you provide: We wanted to offer an opportunity for other parents to sell their children’s outgrown gently used items in a safe and secure location at our seasonal consignment sales. Our sales attract families who are looking for amazing deals on the stuff that they need and we all feel better about reusing and recycling – we also donate items to several local charities that provide assistance to families in need.
2. What motivated you to start your business? The lack of local seasonal consignment sales and the challenge of having stuff clutter our closets, garages and grandparent’s homes!
3. What kind of background or expertise do you have in your field? We three mommies have over thirty collective years of start up and corporate experience in the fields of human resources, real estate, insurance, accounting, finance and marketing. But, first and foremost, we are mommies and that takes up the majority of time for us.
4. What trends do you see in your current industry? Unfortunately the economic outlook for the country is not so positive. For this reason, we feel that offering families a place to make needed cash for items they would usually give away – benefits us all. We are also very concerned about the environment – we are mommies, of course, and worry about what the planet will be like for our children – so providing a place for families to reuse and recycle gives us peace of mind that we can all make a difference.... Continue reading
Meet Danielle Brabson!
Meet Danielle Brabson, mom to two great kids (ages 4 and 6) and married to her husband of 15 years. She lives in sunny Arizona. She moved there three years ago from Tennessee. It was the best move they could have made for thier family and it’s allowed them to do so many things. As a family they enjoy being outdoors and there are great places to hike in Arizona. When it gets too hot in the summer they spend a lot of time out in the pool. She loves to read, write and would love to be more crafty but she get stuck a lot on the creativity side! She can see it but making it happen is another story, but she’s trying.
1. Please tell us about your business and the service that you provide: Thirty-One Gifts has products that are stylish and functional at the same time. From beautiful handbags and purses to handy storage totes, baskets, stationery and more, there is truly something for everyone. And most of our products can be personalized to make your own unique statement. Thirty-One Gifts is one of America’s fastest-growing Direct Selling companies. I have found it to be more than just a company. They really do believe in encouraging, recognizing and rewarding others for who they are and what they can accomplish as individual business owners.
2. What motivated you to start your business? I left my corporate job at a big healthcare company in September 2010. I had always thought I would go back to work and was happy at the thought of being able to pick and choose. After being out of work for a while I decided I didn’t really want to go back to a corporate environment but I yearned for the connection with other colleagues working towards an achievement. I missed having “co-workers” to meet and relate too. I received a Thirty-One catalog in the mail from a family member who was having a party. I looked at the catalog and fell in love. I LOVE a tote bag, purse and if I can embroider it I love it even more, so I signed up as a consultant without ever seeing a product in person. And I haven’t regretted it! These products are a great quality and actually something I can use on a daily basis in my home and running errands. I couldn’t be happier.
3. What kind of background or expertise do you have in your field? I’m a woman and mom, I have lots of expertise in the world of purses, handbags and need for storage totes and organization. I really do feel the products serve a useful purpose in our home. And feel they can help others as well, organization is key to keeping everything moving smoothly.
4. What trends do you see in your current industry? I think organization and providing stylish and functional pieces to achieve that will continue to increase. Everyone wants to be organized but sometimes don’t know where to start, sometimes just getting a tote for the kids toys will be a step in the right direction. As a mother, I am always on the go and so are many other parents, so making my errands easier with an organizer or a shoulder bag that allows my hands to be free but still keep everything I need in makes things a little smoother.
5. What are the most demanding aspects about your business?
Meet Gail Heraty!
After having a career in Education for several years, Gail Heraty resigned in order to be a full time mom for her three children. For the last 12 years she made a career out of volunteering for school and community projects and events. However, knowing one day she would want something to call her own, she began planning for the day all her children were in school full time. Knowing she wanted to combine her love of children and fashion, it was then that Grow With Love Boutique was born.
Her online store specializes in children’s boutique clothing accessories and gifts for boys and girls newborn to size 14. The launching of the online store started with just 4 brands in 2009. Currently, over 40 brands with numerous unique products are offered with styles and products continuously changing. Featured are not only many of the same brand names found at fine department stores, but she have a personal focus showcasing unique products from other mom founded businesses. Over half of the brands she carries are either mom-owned business or mom-invented products.
The most demanding aspect of running her business is keeping up with the day-to-day tasks while exploring new ways to increase sales, finding the most unique quality items all while learning how to run a business without a business background. Oh, and did she mention that this all needs to be done around the schedules of her very active family? What she loves about her schedule is that other moms all over the world are doing just what she is doing and being successful at it.
Anyone who knows her knows she loves being busy and loves the challenge of a full plate. It motives her! However, what really keeps her motivated with Grow With Love Boutique is when she reads a review written by a customer, an email sent to her or a post on the facebook page. She loves the interaction she has with my customers even though this is an online store. The relationship she maintain with her customers is rare for an online store. Here is what some of her customers have shared
"My Milk Money Pays for...
...raising my beautiful children as well as providing economic support for ourhome"
Lisa Nicholson - Outer Banks, NC - Your Assistant Lisa
At Mom Gets A Life we have created a virtual home for moms who are ready to move themselves up on their priority list. I bet that is you! Inside we have a host of experts lined up to partner with you on designing a life that honors you as an individual.Are you ready to fall as deeply in love with your life as you are with your children? Mom Gets A Life is a place where you are required NOT to talk about your children. Doesn’t that feel good? You do an amazing job talking about your children and focusing on their needs outside Mom Gets A Life. Inside Mom Gets A Life it is all about YOU! Your needs, your desires, your hopes and your dreams! Every tool, article, class, resource and forum is designed to help you discover what you want out of life and how amazing you are in this very moment. Guilt would just squeeze out all the awe you deserve to feel when viewing yourself through this lens. Leave guilt behind. Just for a little while. Mom Gets A Life is a judgment-free zone. You can be sure that you are safe inside Mom Gets A Life. No one will judge you (I know this because we all committed to the same pledge!) And it is important that you suspend judgment of yourself. Whatever your feeling, concern or desire – if you can feel it or name it, it is valid and it is important. Share your pain to gain relief. Share your desires because that is the first step to unleashing the power of the Universe on your behalf.
If you would like to become a partner of OurMilkMoney.com, and you believe your organization shares a like minded mission with ours, please contact us to start the collaboration!
If you are ready to start benefiting from email marketing without having to worry about where to begin or how to progress, then sign up for a free trial of iContact's email marketing software today.
Insphere Insurance Solutions, Heidi Stewart, San Diego, CA
South of the Metro Natural Baby and Birth Services, Nura Negaard, Minneapolis, MN
Health and Beauty Products and Services, Zoraida Bolton, Fresno, CA
DW Consulting, Donna West, San Francisco, CA
Bast Insurance Services, Cory Chew, Los Angeles, CA
The Hand Engraving Studio, Katie Spurlock, Richmond, VA
Mobile Spa Girl, Julie Varland, Phoenix, AZ
My Kinda Style, Shayla Mackey, Los Angeles, CA
Caruso Weddings & Events, Carmen Russo, Los Angeles, CA
Dazzle Me Designs Sterling Silver Jewelry, Pam Field, Los Angeles, CA
King James Express for Kidz, Korbid Thompson, NJ
Independent Senior Sales Director, Sherrill Yoder, Des Moines, IA
Innovations TBD, Trudi Burnside McKamey, San Francisco, CA
Your Assistant Lisa, Lisa Nicholson, Outer Banks, NC
Party Just Because, Corinna Gomez, Fresno, CA
Digital Elements, Ltd., Lynn Luby, Atlanta, GA
The Peaceful Kitchen, Tandi Hartle, Salt Lake City, UT
Monika Cheang Photography, Monika Cheang, Phoenix, AZ
An Inspired You, Aida Ingram, NJ
Mind Boggle , Keli Christopher , Detroit, MI
MoGo , Michelle Gutierrez , San Antonio, TX
Tupperware By Chrissy , Chrissy Vassiliu , NJ
Century 21 Rauh & Johns Real Estate Agent Chrissy, Chrissy Vassiliu , NJ
Family By Design - All Things Adoption, Karla Marie Williams, Orlando, FL
Klutter to Keepsake, Sue Cleary, Fairfield County, CT
School of Podcasting, David Jackson, Cleveland, OH
Miss Angela’s In Home Preschool, Angela St.Louis, Phoenix, AZ
Avon Products, Dayna Musto, San Francisco, CA
Independent Avon Representative, Cathy Clayton, Dallas, TX
"My Milk Money Pays for...
...my daughter Madison the dancer and my son Colin who says he is going to be a professional basketball player when he grows up!"
Sue Cleary - Fairfield County, CT - Klutter to Keepsake
Airing Live each Friday at 6pm EST / 5pm CST on
Laugh along with This Little Parent... each week, as you go through this "no-brainer" tutorial that will show you how to give up your corporate salary, and get started supplementing your family revenue offering the skills you've always had. This Little Parent... covers important issues such as how to work as a family unit to make your dreams become a reality (how to get your spouse on your side), how to discover untapped resources in your very own community, how to start a business for under $200, and everyone's favorite: how to manage your time between building your business, providing for your family, and taking much needed time for yourself to recharge each day. You'll learn how to survive on a fixed budget, work around additional expenses simply by getting creative, and enjoy more time with your family as nature intended.
Get your question or business featured on the air!
Need help breaking out of your corporate day job? If you are facing a challenge, chances are others are facing it as well. By allowing us to help you on the air, you may potentially be helping thousands of others.
FILL OUT THIS FORM TODAY and you might be selected to call in!
Look ahead on the calendar to see the fantastic guests that we have scheduled to Appear on This Little Parent Stayed Home! View Now
Listen to our Most Recent Shows!
Our Milk Money - www.OurMilkMoney.com - Copyright 2011.
P.O. Box 55141, Valencia, California 92385
Phone: 641-715-3900 x 94284